System and network technician, TV-NOC
Are you passionate about computers and are proficient with Linux? Are you curious and love to learn? Are you rigorous and bilingual? EBOX is looking for a system and network technician. Be part of the team that manages the network operations center (TV-NOC) to ensure the continuity and quality of TV services offered by EBOX.
EBOX is an independent Quebec-based Internet, television and telephone service provider that is one of the fastest growing in Canada according to the GROWTH 500. Come and contribute to the growth of this Quebec flagship.
Permanent full-time position in hybrid telecommuting/office mode.
- Monitor the TV service, configure it and ensure its proper functioning;
- Diagnose outages and alarms related to the TV service;
- Communicate and document outages and maintenance;
- Take action to minimize the impact of outages and maintenance;
- Manage service and video on demand content;
- Ensure the quality of TV applications by preparing, executing and documenting tests and their results;
- Participate in development projects with the team;
- Share and transfer knowledge between system and network technicians and technical support;
- Provide level 2 and 3 support to technical support.
- DEC in computer science or any related field, or relevant experience (in network, system or video application administration, or as a technical support agent, for example);
- Proficiency in the Linux environment;
- Knowledge of network and video monitoring and diagnostic tools is an asset (Libre NMS, Zabbix, TSReader, Wireshark);
- Knowledge of office and collaboration software (MS Office, Jira, Gitlab);
- Bilingualism (French, English) in order to interact effectively with suppliers;
- Rigor and excellent observation skills;
- Good analytical and technical problem solving skills;
- Good listening and communication skills.
Rotating schedule with the team
- From Monday to Friday:
- 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. (1 week out of 4)
- 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (2 weeks out of 4)
- 3 p.m. to 11 p.m. (1 week out of 4)
- Saturday and Sunday from 1 p.m. to 9 p.m. (1 weekend out of 4)
- Availability outside of regular hours: alternating according to departmental planning and when necessary
EBOX is committed to the principles of equity, diversity, and inclusion in employment. At EBOX, you will find an ambitious company on a human scale, where respect, dedication and expertise guide our actions every day.
- This position can be done in hybrid mode: share your work time between your home and our offices!
- Job stability in a stimulating work environment where you can seize real career opportunities
- A versatile team that never stops learning! TV lovers welcome.
YOU WANT TO JOIN THETEAM? SEND USYOUR APPLICATION