What installation delays can I expect?
The installation delays for a new install and a transfer are different. Before looking at the installation delays, it’s important to understand the distinction between the two.
New Install or Transfer?
You need a transfer if:
- You are currently subscribed to a cable Internet service with another Internet provider.
- You don’t intend to move soon.
- You also want to have cable Internet service with EBOX. You don’t want to change the technology type (ADSL or Fibre).
You need a new install if:
- You are subscribed to a cable Internet service with another provider and will be moving soon.
- If you are subscribed to ADSL or Fibre Internet service with another provider.
- If you have cable Internet service with another provider and want to subscribe to EBOX’s Fibre or ADSL service.
Note that the subscription with the previous provider must be at the same address as the one served by EBOX. The delays provided are for reference only. They are subject to change and may vary depending on demand.
Fibre: Transfer of a Fibre service isn’t possible. Refer to the new install delays.
ADSL: Transfer of an ADSL service isn’t possible. Refer to the new install delays.
V-Cable (or Q-Cable): 15 days
C-Cable: 7 to 15 days
CV-Cable: Transfer of a CV-Cable service isn’t possible. Refer to the new install delays.
R-Cable: 10 days
New Install Delays
The delays below are provided for reference only. They are subject to change and may vary.
Fibre: 7 days
ADSL: 7 days
V-Cable (or Q-Cable): 10 to 14 days
C-Cable: 7 days
CV-Cable: variable depending on the region
R-Cable: 5 days