Senior Systems and Network Administrator
Are you a senior network administrator who is also capable of solving system issues? Do you want to play a key role in the performance of the EBOX network? Do you like to implement new technologies to improve performance? EBOX is looking for a Senior Systems and Networks Administrator. Be part of a solid team, essential to keeping the business running smoothly.
Join the creative team at EBOX, a Quebec-based internet, television and phone service provider that is among the fastest growing in Canada.Come contribute to the growth of this Quebec flagship.
Permanent, full-time, daytime position with on-call periods. This position can be done mostly by working from home. Employee must live in the greater Montreal area, as they may be required to go onsite to our facilities as needed.
As the Senior Network and System Administrator, your role is critical to the management, maintenance, and advancement of our company's network infrastructure and systems. You will ensure optimal network performance, manage and implement technical enhancements, and maintain the security and integrity of the network environment. Specific responsibilities are outlined below.
- Manage, implement, and maintain the company's telecommunications servers, networks and equipment.
- Monitor and optimize network performance metrics.
- Execute configuration, troubleshooting, and routing protocols for BGP and OSPF.
- Administer network security, including the use of security solutions such as Fortinet, according to established policies.
- Oversee the administration of Active Directory and Office 365.
- Collaborate with service providers and remote Data Centers' support for network infrastructure planning.
- Implement and manage Technological Improvement Projects.
- Analyze, recommend, and execute improvements for current and future systems.
- Design and implement a highly accessible network architecture.
- Install, configure, and maintain Linux-based systems and applications.
- Perform system administration tasks such as backup and recovery, user account management, and system performance tuning.
- Monitor and maintain the uptime of critical systems, such as DNS servers, email servers, and SIP servers.
- Participate in on-call rotations and provide 24/7 support for critical systems.
- Five years of experience in system and/or network administration, preferably in Telecom.
- JNCIS / CCNP certification is a significant asset.
- LPIC / REDHAT certification is a significant asset.
- Experience with switching and routing protocols: MPLS, VPLS, PIM.
- Must be able to fluently read, write, and communicate verbally in French and English to support clients, work with vendors, and utilize third-party software.
- Advanced knowledge of network security and architecture.
- In-depth knowledge of TCP/IP, UDP, DNS, IPSEC, GRE, SNMP protocols.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Resourceful, resilient, and adept at managing shifting priorities.
- Ability to quickly learn new tools and technologies.
- Proficient in managing Active Directory and Office 365.
- Experience in cloud management, particularly AWS.
- Skills in implementing and managing network security solutions, like Fortinet.
- This role requires a flexible schedule with on-call rotations for 24/7 support of critical systems.
- The position operates in a hybrid model, accommodating both remote and on-site work.
- Physical requirements involve extended periods of sitting, occasional lifting of equipment, and reaching for tools.
- Cognitive and emotional demands include working in a fast-paced environment, handling shifting priorities, making complex decisions, prolonged periods of concentration, managing various stakeholders, and de-escalating difficult situations.
Tools & Technology used
- Virtualization technologies: VMware.
- Containerization technologies: Docker/Kubernetes.
- Configuration management tools: Ansible, Puppet, or Chef.
- Monitoring tools: Nagios, Icinga, Zabbix, Cacti, LibreNMS, or Prometheus.
- Linux-based systems and applications: Red Hat/CentOS, Debian/Ubuntu distributions.
- Cloud Solutions: AWS.
- Security Systems: Fortinet, Pfsense and IPTABLES.
- Directory Services: Active Directory, LDAP, and TACACS.
- Collaboration Tools: Office 365.
EBOX is committed to the principles of equity, diversity and inclusion in employment. At EBOX, you will find an ambitious company on a human scale, where respect, dedication and expertise guide our actions every day.
- This position can be performed mostly by working from home. Employee must live in the greater Montreal area, as they may be required to go onsite to our facilities as needed.
- Substantial discounts on EBOX services: television, Internet and landline telephony.
- Competitive corporate discounts on our services: cellular package, LaRonde, Hotels, Spa, car rental, and much more.
YOU WANT TO JOIN THETEAM? SEND USYOUR APPLICATION