Are you a systems administrator who is also capable of solving systems issues? Do you want to play a key role in EBOX's network performance? Do you enjoy implementing new technologies to improve performance? EBOX is looking for a Systems Administrator. Be part of a solid team, essential to the smooth running of the company.
Join the creative team at EBOX, one of Canada's fastest-growing Internet, TV and telephony service providers, and contribute to the success of this Quebec flagship.
Permanent, full-time daytime position, with on-call periods. Most of the work can be done from home. The employee must live in the greater Montreal area, as he/she may be required to travel to our facilities as needed.
As the Systems Administrator, your primary responsibility is to manage, implement, and maintain the company's telecommunications servers, networks, and equipment. You will be responsible for monitoring and optimizing network performance, executing configuration and troubleshooting tasks, and ensuring network security. Specific responsibilities are outlined below.
- Manage, implement, and maintain the company's telecommunications servers, networks, and equipment.
- Monitor and optimize network performance metrics.
- Execute configuration, troubleshooting, and routing protocols for BGP and OSPF.
- Administer network security, including the use of security solutions such as Fortinet, according to established policies.
- Collaborate with service providers and remote Data Centers' support for network infrastructure planning.
- Analyze, recommend, and execute improvements for current and future systems.
- Design and implement a highly accessible network architecture.
- Five years of experience in network administration, preferably in Telecom.
- JNCIS / CCNP certification is a significant asset.
- Experience with switching and routing protocols: MPLS, VPLS, PIM.
- Must be able to fluently read, write, and communicate verbally in French and English to support clients, work with vendors, and utilize third-party software.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Advanced knowledge of network security and architecture.
- In-depth knowledge of TCP/IP, UDP, DNS, IPSEC, GRE, SNMP protocols.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Resourceful, resilient, and adept at managing shifting priorities.
- Ability to quickly learn new tools and technologies.
- Skills in implementing and managing network security solutions, like Fortinet.
TOOLS & TECHNOLOGY USED
- Routing and Switching technologies and protocols: BGP, MPLS, IGMP, PIM, OSPF, VPN
- Documentation and ticketing tools: Jira, Confluence and OpsGenie.
- Monitoring tools: Nagios, Icinga, Zabbix, Cacti, LibreNMS, or Prometheus.
- Security Systems: Fortinet, Pfsense, and IPTABLES.
- Collaboration Tools: Office 365.
- This position can be done in hybrid mode: share your work time between your home and our offices!
- Job stability in a stimulating work environment where you can seize real career opportunities
- A bright, Leed® Gold certified workplace that is easily accessible by public transit.
- Colleagues with a sense of humor who like to have fun at work.
- Substantial discounts on EBOX services: television, Internet and landline telephony.
- Competitive corporate discounts on our services: cellular package, LaRonde, Hotels, Spa, car rental, and much more.
- Flexible schedule
- Permanent, full-time position that includes all benefits: vacation insurance, insurance including dental and telemedicine, employee assistance program, group RRSP, etc.
- Lump sum to improve your workspace at home
- Up to thirteen (13) days of paid personal/sick leave.
- 13 paid holidays throughout the year.
YOU WANT TO JOIN THETEAM? SEND USYOUR APPLICATION